Seeing as for one week of the month I, as well as the majority of the female population go through their period, I’ve decided that this is the subject I would talk about for Monday. Cause nothing is more fun then starting off Monday morning with Aunt Flow. Lordy save me now.
Most people know the basics:
- Use a heating pad on lower abdomen
- Take ibuprofen or another over the counter pain medication
- Massaging abdomen lightly
- If cramps are typically unmanageable, seeing your doctor and going on birth control may help.
Some people love it and other people know that there is no way in hell they are getting out of bed or doing any movement besides pouring a tea. Exercise is said to help cramping, especially when done regularly, or prior to start of period. Even light stretching can make things feel more relaxed.
If you’re not too afraid to have sexual intercourse during your period this may help alleviate the pain. If you want to avoid the mess, you can use a sea sponge (You can find them online if not in your drug store). I recommend these as a single use item. If you don’t want to heed that advise, you can reuse some of them by cleaning and then boiling. They only last about 30 minutes.
Other things to look into in regards to periods:
- Use of essential oils for pain: Marjoram, Clary Sage, Lavender, Geranium, Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Pure Turmeric, Yarrow, Clove, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Motherwort, Ginger
- Teas and Special Teas, Such as Mighty Aphrodite from David’s Tea.
- Meditation: Breathing through the pain, accepting it, and not wishing it away can make pain easier to deal with. (Oh no, Whimsy’s Yogi side is showing!)
- Info on Essential Oils: http://www.md-health.com/Essential-Oils-for-Menstrual-Cramps.html
If you have more questions or suggestions email me at [email protected]
Sending my love,
Whimsy Fai <3